Interior Mold Detection and Inspection Services
Whether you can spot it or not, there is a good chance mold is on your property. Mold is something that occurs naturally, although the strain of mold that is found in your home or business is the real problem. Mold spores migrate through the air, entering buildings through any opening, such as windows, doors and HVAC systems. Spores can also be brought into a residence on pets, clothing and shoes. It is virtually impossible for you to prevent mold entering your house. It’s only as the mold is growing in your home that you should be concerned. Having an expert to consult with who will tell you the strain of mold present is worth the expense. Pair that with an expert who will orchestrate the best way to treat it then perform the remediation process, and you have Paul Davis. We provide professional commercial and residential abatement services for a variety of disasters, including mold.
Services for Indoor Mold Removal and Abatement
With a Paul Davis inspection on your commercial or residential property for mold, you have a licensed professional that is experienced in this area. The detection and identification of mold is step one in what can be an arduous project. When it comes to dealing with mold safely, it is best working with a company that specializes in all aspects of the process. We offer mold remediation and removal services in addition to basic mold testing. Mold will cause damage to your home as well as major health concerns to your family. Unlike most allergens, mold can negatively affect the health of an individual whether they have allergies or not. Mold advances through the environment it’s found in, meaning the longer it remains untreated in your house, the worse its effects are. The experts with Paul Davis can accurately identify the species of mold growing in your residence and effectively deal with treating it.
Families of Mold
There are 3 general families of mold:
- Allergenic: These produce and cause allergic reactions.
- Pathogenic: These molds cause health issues in people that suffer from acute illnesses.
- Toxigenic: Any mold that produces toxic substances.
With the variety of molds that can reside in any given residence, having an expert to investigate and diagnosis the extent of their spread is key to eradicating it. A professional with Paul Davis can aid in making your residence free and safe from the most damaging molds.
A few common household molds are:
- Penicillium – This mold most commonly feeds on wallpaper, wallpaper glue, decaying textiles, carpets and fiberglass insulation. It will cause hay-fever type reactions and induces asthma attacks.
- Aspergillus – This is a warm environment mold that thrives both indoors and outdoors. Aspergillus can be found in areas that are excessively damp with extensive water damage, as well as organic matter that is breaking down. Aspergillus is also found inside of dust and produces mycotoxins.
- Alternaria – Alternaria is commonly found in textiles, dust, carpet, showers, soil and window frames. This large spore mold deposits in the respiratory tract, mouth and nose.
- Cladosporium – Cladosporium is the highest commonly identified outdoor mold which enters homes. It grows in porous, overtly moist surfaces like textile and wood. Both the indoor and outdoor variety trigger asthma attacks along with inducing hay-fever like reactions.
- Stachybotrys – Being a less common household mold is fortunate, as it’s among the more insidious. It requires excessive damp to grow, and causes breathing issues, symptoms reminiscent of the flu, loss of hearing and memory, and bleeding lungs.
- Acremonium – This toxic mold grown in areas of moisture like humidifiers, drain pans, window sealants and cooling coils. It’s a powdery mold that thrives in a variety of colors like pink, white, grey or orange.
- Aureobasidium – This mold is most often discovered growing behind wallpaper and painted wood surfaces. It starts out light brown or pink in color then deepens to dark brown-black the longer it’s around. This highly responsive allergic mold causes eye infections and skin rashes.
- Chaetomium – Chaetomium is found in houses after a flood or leaking and in chronically damp conditions. It has a dank odor, cotton like texture and changes colors from white to brown or grey as it ages. Chaetomium is also known to produce mycotoxins that affect the immune system and cause nail and skin infections.
- Cladosporium – This unique mold thrives in both warm and cold environments and spreads rapidly on upholstery, fabrics, carpets and under floorboards. It reacts adversely with wet tissues in eyes, nose, mouth and throat.
- Fusarium – Fusarium is most commonly found in a home’s soft goods and thrives and spreads in cold temperatures. A reddish variety is found in organic products like food and house plants, and both strains can move rapidly through a home. Symptoms start out as skin infections, sore throat and runny eyes and can progress to bone infections and brain abscesses.
- Trichoderma – Trichoderma is a highly allergic mold with 5 subspecies. It’s a rapidly growing mold with a wool like texture that is mostly green and white. It grows in consistently damp and moist locations like HVAC systems, wood and fabric. Along with health symptoms associated with other mycotoxins, this mold also destroys the surfaces it grows on, causing decay and structures to crumble.
- Ulocladium – Ulocladium is mostly found in bathrooms and kitchens and is one of the black molds. It contributes to respiratory ailments and asthma.
Talk to Paul Davis for a Reliable Mold Inspection
If you know or suspect you have mold in your residence call the professionals with Paul Davis. Our dedicated team will provide a detailed inspection and execute the remediation servicing necessary to eradicate dangerous mold from your property. Paul Davis is available 24-hours a day, 7-days a week.