Indoor Mold Detection and Inspection Services
Whether you can spot it or not, chances are there is mold in your home. Mold is a part of nature, but the type of mold that is found in your house or business can determine the extent of the problem. Mold spores move through the air and enter structures through any opening, such as windows, doors and HVAC systems. Spores can also be brought into a location on pets, clothing and shoes. It is virtually impossible for you to eliminate mold encountering your house. You should take action as mold begins growing in your home. Having an expert to rely on that can advise on the kind of mold present is imperative. Pair that with an expert who will orchestrate the optimal way for treatment then execute the removal process, and you have Paul Davis. We provide professional commercial and residential abatement services for a variety of disasters, including mold.
Services for Indoor Mold Removal and Abatement
When Paul Davis performs an investigation on your commercial or residential property for mold, you have a licensed professional that is experienced in this field. Detecting and identifying mold is the initial step in what can be a long process. When it comes to dealing with mold safely, your prime option is to work with a company which specializes in all aspects of the process. We provide mold removal and remediation services in addition to basic mold inspections. Mold causes damage to your property along with major health issues for your family. Unlike most allergens, mold can adversely affect the health of an individual whether they have allergies or not. Mold advances through the surfaces it lives in, meaning the longer it goes untreated in your house, the worse its effects are. The professionals at Paul Davis can accurately identify the strains of mold growing in your property and effectively handle treating it.
Kinds of Mold
There are 3 basic types of mold:
- Allergenic: Which produce and cause allergic reactions.
- Pathogenic: Molds that cause health issues in people which suffer from acute illnesses.
- Toxigenic: These molds can produce toxic microorganisms.
With the multitude of molds that can be found in properties, having an expert to investigate and diagnosis the extent of their spread is crucial to eradicating it. A professional with Paul Davis can aid in helping make your home free and safe from the most insidious molds.
A few common molds are:
- Penicillium – This mold most commonly thrives on wallpaper, wallpaper glue, decaying fabrics, carpets and fiberglass insulation. It will cause hay-fever type reactions and induces asthma attacks.
- Aspergillus – This is a warm climate mold that grows indoors and outdoors. Aspergillus can be found in areas of extreme dampness and extensive water damage, as well as decomposing organic matter. Aspergillus is also found inside of dust and produces mycotoxins.
- Alternaria – Alternaria is commonly found in textiles, dust, carpet, showers, soil and window frames. This large spore mold deposits in the respiratory tract, mouth and nose.
- Cladosporium – Cladosporium is the most commonly identified outdoor fungi easily enters homes. It grows in damp, porous surfaces such as textile and wood. The indoor and outdoor kinds cause asthma attacks as well as induces hay-fever like reactions.
- Stachybotrys – This particularly insidious mold that produces high levels of airborne toxins, fortunately is the least common household mold. It requires excessive damp to thrive, and causes breathing issues, symptoms reminiscent of the flu, loss of hearing and memory, and bleeding lungs.
- Acremonium – This toxic mold thrives in areas of condensation such as humidifiers, drain pans, window sealants and cooling coils. It is a powdery mold that thrives in an array of colors like grey, orange, pink and white.
- Aureobasidium – Aureobasidium is often found growing behind painted wood surfaces and wallpaper. It begins light brown or pink in color then darkens to dark brown-black the longer it’s around. This is a highly allergic responsive mold, responsible for eye infections and skin rashes.
- Chaetomium – This mold can be located in residences after flooding or leaking and in chronically wet conditions. It has a dank odor, cottony texture and changes colors from white to grey or brown as it ages. Chaetomium is also known to produce mycotoxins that affect the immune system and cause skin and nail infections.
- Cladosporium – This unique mold thrives in warm and cold areas and moves quickly on upholstery, fabrics, carpets and under floorboards. It reacts strongly with wet tissues like the eyes, nose, mouth and throat.
- Fusarium – Capable of thriving and migrating in cold weather, this mold is pink or coral in color and is commonly found in a home’s soft goods. A reddish strain is found in organic products like food and house plants, and both kinds can move quickly through a home. Symptoms start out as skin infections, sore throat and runny eyes and progresses to bone infections and brain abscesses.
- Trichoderma – Trichoderma is a highly allergic mold with 5 subspecies. This rapid growth mold has a wool like texture and is mostly green and white. It thrives in consistently damp and moist areas like HVAC systems, fabric and wood. Along with health symptoms the same as other mycotoxins, this mold also destroys the surfaces it inhabits, causing decay and structures to crumble.
- Ulocladium – Ulocladium is nearly always found in bathrooms and kitchens. It is one of the black molds and contributes to respiratory illnesses and asthma.
Call Paul Davis for Reliable Mold Inspection
When you may suspect or know there is mold in your home call the team with Paul Davis. Our professional team will provide a detailed inspection as well as execute the remediation servicing necessary to remove dangerous mold from your residence. Paul Davis is available 24-hours a day, 7-days a week.