The Dangers of Water Damage
With a large home to clean and take care of, checking for water damage probably isn’t a priority. It’s not uncommon for homeowners to find unforeseen water damage after it was too late to reverse the damages. If this happens to you, it’s imperative to call the professionals as soon as possible. Your local Paul Davis professionals will be able to evaluate and restore any water damage they find in your home. You can take preemptive actions to prevent water damage from happening. All homeowners need to know how to check for water damage in your home, no matter how subtle or obvious they may be.
What Causes Water Damage?
The key to water damage repairs is prevention. Because of this, you need to look for signs of water damage. You’ll have to analyze the parts of the home that use the most water. You can never be too careful. Here’s what can cause water damage:
- Water pipes or lines that froze or leaked
- Overflowing toilets, bathtubs or sinks
- Backed up sewage and septic tank lines
- Washing machines or dishwashers that overflowed
Preventing Water Damage
The best way to repair water damage is to take preventive action. Productive prevention is the key to avoiding pricey repairs and possible homeowner’s insurance claims. Consider the following to prevent water damage:
- Frequently look over your appliances for leaks.
- Avoid pouring grease down your kitchen sink. This can cause major damage and blockage to your pipes.
- Make sure that your water pressure isn’t too high. If it is, it could cause unwanted stress on your pipes or hoses.
- When emergencies strike, know how to turn off your water main. If a pipe bursts or leaks, you’ll be able to turn off your water main right away to prevent irreversible damage.
- Be on the lookout for any unexpected spikes in your water bill. It could be a sign of a leak.
- Clean your gutters regularly to prevent damage to your siding or foundation.
Rely on Paul Davis to Whip Your House into Shape
Has your home experienced water damages? Don’t wait. The longer you wait, the more extensive repairs you’ll need. For high-quality water damage repair services, reach out to Paul Davis today at 888-473-7769. Your local Paul Davis technicians will come to your home as soon as possible. No matter how serious the damages, Paul Davis can handle it.