How to Prevent Leaking Pipes
No building is immune to water damages. Basement flooding, sewer backups and storm damage can all cause major damages. Let Paul Davis relieve the financial and emotional toll that water damages can take on you and your family. In order to decrease the amount of damage your home will sustain, reach out to the professionals as soon as possible. We have a nationwide network of water damage restoration contractors that will examine and repair the damage, no matter the amount of water damage.
The Most Common Causes of Water Damage
We all have home appliances that we rely on. But if they malfunction, they can cause major issues. Whether it’s your dishwasher, washing machine, sink or toilet, there are many appliances that can cause major problems by flooding. If you have an unexpected leak on your hands, don’t worry. Any water damage issues can be repaired by our experienced water repair technicians. We can repair water damage from the following:
- Frozen or leaking water pipes or lines
- Bathtubs, sinks or toilets overflow
- Sewage and septic tank lines that have backed up
- Overflowing washing machines or dishwashers
- Heavy storms or rain
- Cresting rivers or streams
Ways to Prevent Water Damage
What’s the best way to avoid water damamge repairs? Preventing water damage altogether. In order to avoid high-priced repairs and possible homeonwer’s insurance claims, productive prevention is key. Consider the following to avoid water damage:
- If you find any leaks, examine them thoroughly and patch them up as soon as possible.
- Never pour grease down your kitchen sink. This can cause significant damage and blockage to your pipes.
- Make sure that your water pressure isn’t too high. If it is, it could cause undesirable stress on your pipes or hoses.
- In case of an emergency, know how to turn off your water main. As soon as a pipe leaks or bursts, shut off your water main to prevent permanent damage.
- Check your water bill for any unexpected spikes in your usage. You could have a leak on your hands.
- To prevent damage to your gutters and roof, cleanout your gutters regularly.
When it comes to stopping water damage, it’s important to be smart and regularly check your house and appliances. Do you suspect that there’s a leak or another issue in your home? Don’t wait. Either address the leak yourself or call the experienced water damage technicians from Paul Davis.
How We Can Help You
When the worst happens, don’t wait. Paul Davis franchises all provide 24/7 emergency services, allowing them to repair any water damages as soon as possible. We offer a wide array of water remediation services, including the following:
- Assessing water damage
- Extracting water
- Drying affected areas
- Cleaning and restoring possessions
- Mold and mildew damage remediation
- Finding and repair the source the leak
- Reconstruction services and storm damage repair
- Helping with filling insurance claims
Turn to Us for Your Water Damage Mitigation Needs
Your home can sustain serious damages from a burst or leaking pipe. If you’re in need of water damage mitigation call Paul! at 888-473-7769. Our professionals will connect you with an expert in your area. With 50 years of water repairs under our belt, Paul Davis knows how to handle whatever water emergency you have for us.