Reliable Fire Damage Technicians
Fire can be very damaging to a home. However, many people don’t know that fire has other harmful elements. The smell of smoke can overwhelm building materials and personal belongings, while your walls can be stained by soot. Fires can be damaging to both to your family and your home.
At Paul Davis, we understand that your precious keepsakes and memories are at stake. That’s why our fire repair technicians are ready to help restore your damaged possessions. At Paul Davis, every one of our franchises provides 24/7 emergency smoke restoration services. Contact us as soon as you can. We’ll be able to reduce the cost of fire and smoke damages to your building.
You Can Cleaning Up Fire Damage
Smoke damage can occur without a major fire breaking out in your building. Smaller kitchen flare ups and closed fireplace flues can cause discoloration and strong odors if you don’t start cleaning immediately. It’s best that you address the problem immediately. Otherwise smoke will seep into the walls, carpets and furniture. Here’s how you can move fast and cleanup any smoke damage:
- To stop smoke from spreading, shut off your AC.
- To push out smoke, move large fans towards open windows and doors.
- Vacuum up soot and ash by holding the nozzle right above the soot. Pressing down could create stains.
- Clean countertops and furniture.
- Use a dry sponge to wipe away soot from ceilings and walls. Meanwhile, get rid of stains with a vinegar spray.
- Clean every household item that has been affected, including light bulbs.
- Dry clean or deep wash any curtains or clothing that were affected.
- Use odor counteractants to deodorize carpets and window coverings.
The Fire Restoration Process from Paul Davis
If your building has serious smoke damage, it’s best to let the experts handle it. Paul Davis offers all-encompassing fire remediation services, such as:
- 24/7 emergency services- onsite and assisting you within hours.
- Prompt damage evaluation, pretesting and estimates.
- Emergency board-up and structural stabilization.
- Environmentally friendly methods for clearing soot and other residue from fire damage.
- Smoke odor removal, sanitation and air purification.
- Careful removal and securing of damaged household goods, personal possessions and other contents for cleaning and restoration.
- Industrial grade water extractors, dehumidifiers, air movers and other equipment used to efficiently remove water resulting from fire extinguishing efforts.
- Reconstruction of the affected areas.
- Disinfectants and antimicrobials used to prevent mold and mildew.
Why You Should Trust Paul Davis
Has your building undergone smoke damage? Reach out to to Paul Davis. Our fire restoration services will get your building back to normal sooner rather than later. Our experts are specialized in effective smoke repair cleaning services and using the proper equipment, meaning faster cleanup and cheaper smoke damage restoration expenses. We want you to return to your everyday schedule as soon as possible. Call the fire damage restoration and smoke cleanup experts from Paul Davis at 888-473-7669. We’ll help connect you with the franchise closest to you.