How to Clean Up Fire Damage
We all know how destructive fire can be in a building. However, many people don’t realize that fire has other harmful elements. Smoke odor can overwhelm building materials and personal belongings and your walls can be damaged by smoke soot. Fires can have damaging effects on both to your home and your family.
At Paul Davis, we understand any damages to your cherished possessions can be disheartening. That’s why as experts in soot and smoke damage, we’re here to help you restore your damaged possessions. When an emergency strikes, each of our franchises provides 24/7 emergency smoke restoration services. Contact us immediately, so we can lessen the cost of fire and smoke damage to your house.
How to Clean Up Fire Damage
Smoke damage can occur without a major fire breaking out in your home. Closed fireplace flues and smaller kitchen fires can cause discoloration and significant odors if you don’t start cleaning immediately. It’s best that you address the problem immediately. Otherwise the smell of smoke can soak into the walls, carpets and furniture. Here are a few tips on how to move fast and cleanup any smoke damage:
- To stop smoke from spreading, shut off your air conditioning.
- To push out smokey air, position large fans towards open windows and doors.
- When vacuuming ash and soot, hold the nozzle right above the soot to suck it up. Pressing your vacuum down on the soot could create stains.
- Use a cloth to wipe down countertops and furniture.
- Wipe away soot from ceilings and walls with a dry sponge. Meanwhile, get rid of stains with a vinegar spray.
- Clean every item that has been affected, such as light bulbs.
- Dry clean or deep wash any clothing or curtains that were affected.
- Deodorize carpets and window coverings using odor counteractants.
The Fire Restoration Process from Paul Davis
If your home has serious smoke damage, it’s best to let the experts handle it. Paul Davis offers a variety of fire remediation services, such as:
- 24/7 emergency services- onsite and assisting you within hours.
- Prompt damage evaluation, pretesting and estimates.
- Emergency board-up and structural stabilization.
- Environmentally friendly methods for clearing soot and other residue from fire damage.
- Smoke odor removal, sanitation and air purification.
- Careful removal and securing of damaged household goods, personal possessions and other contents for cleaning and restoration.
- Industrial grade water extractors, dehumidifiers, air movers and other equipment used to efficiently remove water resulting from fire extinguishing efforts.
- Reconstruction of the affected areas.
- Disinfectants and antimicrobials used to prevent mold and mildew.
Contact Paul Davis Today
If your home has been ravaged by soot and smoke damage, turn to the specialists from Paul Davis. After we we’re done with our restorations services, you’ll have your house back sooner rather than later. Our professionals are specialized in effective smoke repair cleaning methods and using the proper equipment. We guarantee that you’ll receive quicker cleanup and lower smoke damage removal expenses. Our goal is to have you return to your normal life as soon as possible. Reach out the smoke cleanup and smoke remediation services professionals from Paul Davis at 888-473-7669. You’ll get connected to the franchise closest to you.